Under the direction of the building Athletic Director, building Principal, and district Athletic Director, the coach provides a comprehensive athletics program in the specified sport to include conducting practices, overseeing games and game strategy, educating and developing athletes, and complying with WIAA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the sport in which the candidate is making application;
- Recent coaching experience, with K-12 athletes preferred;
- Current First Aid and CPR card, or ability to obtain prior to the established start date;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience which demonstrates strong organizational skills;
- Experience which demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Develop and articulate a vision for the program that embraces character development and a positive experience for all athletes;
- Recruit student athletes for the coach’s school for participation;
- Conduct practices for the team that focus on proper technique and mechanics of the sport;
- Attend and supervise athletes at games, and execute game strategy;
- Attend yearly Coaches’ Institute training in August;
- Teach and demonstrate appropriate sportsmanship with athletes, parents and the school community;
- Organize, supervise, and evaluate practice sessions;
- Know and adhere to WIAA, league, district, and building rules and policies;
- Complete required district and WIAA trainings around sport specific rules and safety;
- Maintain and inventory uniforms and equipment.