The Assistant Tennis Coach will be responsible for the success, development and overall operations of the Tennis program, making it nationally competitive while providing each student-athlete a positive experience at Hampton University. The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Hampton University, the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team travel arrangements, perform administrative duties and sound fiscal budgeting;
- Coordinate the creation of competitive schedules annually;
- Assist with facility care and maintenance;
- Conduct summer clinics in accordance with University and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Supervise coaching staff, if applicable;
- Perform teaching duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Represent Hampton University, the Department of Athletics and the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Programs in a positive and professional manner; and
- Other duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required with minimum of five years of work experience coaching tennis is required.
- Division I collegiate coaching experience or professional coaching experience is a plus.
- A strong commitment to the overall well-being student-athlete concept and a working knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Candidate must possess strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of constituents.
- Candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of and compliance to rules and regulations of Hampton University, CAA and NCAA.