- Maintain current certification through the Professional Teaching Standards Board (PTSB)
- Maintain all appropriate certifications (CPR, First Aid) and immunizations.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach
JOB GOAL: To provide services to assist the head coach for their assigned position(s).
- The assistant coach helps the head coach in choosing players for the team and assigning them to a position. He/she will need to help with tryouts and separate the players in to varsity and junior varsity teams (or A, B, and C teams as applicable) based on skill, teamwork and potential.
- Upon observing the players in practice sessions, the coach should help determine who will be the starters, keeping an eye for improvement from other players.
- The coach must have a good knowledge of the sport he/she is coaching. Experience playing, coaching, or acting as a referee is valuable for the position of a head coach.
- In addition to knowing about the rules of the sport, the coach must be aware of other rules and regulations.
- The assistant coach may be asked help with paperwork and must be knowledgeable about a number of regulations.
- Must have a good relationship with their team while still remaining the leader.
- Some coaches may need to encourage students working through injuries or in danger of losing their spot due to poor academic performance.
Athletic equipment for the assigned sport as well as the weight room and athletic training room as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must be physically able to perform basic first aid skills.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Approximate duration of assignment will be determined by position; salary and fringe benefits to be set by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.