Reporting to the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of the athletic program for the assigned sport in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Teach the sport’s specific skills and techniques in group settings and individually;
- Implement the teaching of skills, tactics, and team systems per the head coach’s philosophy and strategies;
- Follow the head coach’s instructions in practice planning, executing practice plans and drills, game strategies, and game management;
- Support the head coach’s teaching and messaging regarding all aspects of the management of the team;
- At head coach’s direction, review and break down game and practice video;
- At head coach’s direction, monitor locker rooms, attend non-practice/game team meetings and events, and ride on buses to away games;
- Model appropriate behavior including emotional control, patience, sportsmanship, and respectful interactions with opponents and game officials;
- Understand and maintain appropriate boundaries in the coach/player relationships.
- Minimum 1 year coaching HS Tennis (Any Level).
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Experience as a head or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred.
- Working knowledge of CIF Athletic Policies.
- Knowledge of the existing athletic system, state and league regulations.
- Consistent reliable attendance at practices and games;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the skills, tactics and strategies necessary for success in specific sport.