Reporting to the Head Tennis Coach, the Part-time Assistant Tennis Coach is responsible for assisting with the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport. As a member of the Jewell Community, the Assistant Tennis Coach is fully responsible for compliance with all College policies and procedures as well as all applicable bylaws of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the sport program in strict compliance with all applicable NCAA and GLVC bylaws.
- Promote academic excellence and graduation by monitoring academic progress, study tables, academic meetings, and class attendance.
- Attend practice sessions and other related training activities as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes in a coordinated effort with the Office of Admission.
- Drive vans to transport team when appropriate.
- Submit appropriate reports and forms to administrative staff as requested.
- Actively participate in GLVC coaches conference meetings where applicable and be available for all GLVC coaches’ conference calls.
- Recruit and supervise coaching staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High-level college playing experience and must have good motivational skills.
- Possess a positive mental attitude and the ability to effectively communicate and work well with student-athletes, parents, faculty, staff and the community.
- Intercollegiate experience as a student-athlete or coach is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Have, or be willing to attain, a Missouri Class E Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).