The Assistant Tennis Professional is to provide training, technical teaching and personalized coaching to advance the playing level of club membership and community at large. Is responsible for teaching private and group lessons to all age levels, leads summer camps and assists with club tournaments and events. Assists with pro shop duties when needed.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules private and group lessons.
- Organizes summer camps and teams. Promotes events through advertising on social media and within their clinics.
- Makes line-up, coaches matches and enters in weekly match scores. Responsible for rescheduling make-up matches when needed.
- Uses various forms of communication (call, text, email, etc.) to communicate with members and parents
- Assists with club tournaments and events. Responsibilities include running matches on-site and off-site, clay court maintenance, filling coolers and emptying trash.
- Observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Oversees daily practice of players to instruct them in areas of deficiency.
- Assists with daily duties in club maintenance.
- Travels with teams when needed to matches and tournaments throughout the year.
- Assists with pro-shop duties when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus three to five years’ experience training/ assessing player skill at all levels (youth, junior and adult). Individual needs to have advanced playing ability and obtain U.S.T.A. rating of 4.0 or higher.