To assist with the activities of the Men's and Women's Indoor-Outdoor Track & Field and Cross-Country team, participating in the growth and development of every student athlete, while promoting healthy lifestyles and interpersonal skills. May periodically be asked to assume overall responsibility in the absence of the Head Coach.
- Perform key program implementation functions for assign team, in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Head Coach.
- Serve as professional educator for student athletes, primarily with the throwing events, encouraging individual as well as team goal setting, acknowledging individual challenges and achievements, encouraging academic achievement and positive social interactions at all times.
- Carry out specific team development tasks as assigned. May include: generating on-campus participants, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations.
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during games, modeling good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and potential; meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities.
- Participate in various athletic advertising and fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, recreation, or other appropriate discipline.
- Certifications appropriate to the relevant sport, division, or other regulating agency.
- High school or college coaching experience, with collegiate playing experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Basic knowledge and skills related to college athletic programs, with demonstrated skills in track & field throwing events.
- Demonstrated basic teaching/coaching skills.
- Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, coaches and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job.