Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist coaches in running the UH baseball camp by re-enforcing positive attitudes and baseball skills and techniques.
- Will be in charge of a group of campers and will be responsible for teaching baseball skills and techniques of the UH baseball coaching philosophy on an individual basis as well as in a group situation.
- Will be responsible for evaluating and grading assigned campers in order to determine the best approach to enhance performance.
- Assist in setting up the different practice stations used and will also assist in the clean-up.
- Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the University of Hawaii and its employees, and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and of the affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
- Other duties as required.
- Baseball playing experience at the collegiate level.
- Ability to teach baseball skills and techniques in accordance to the UH Baseball coaching philosophy.
- All positions require successful completion of a background check.
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.