Provide day-to-day planning and development for departmental programs and services and provide professional level assistance to the Vice President and Director of Athletics and Senior Athletic Administration. Responsible for making complex administrative decisions requiring knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Relieves administrator of a wide variety of internal administrative duties which require a thorough understanding of the functions, programs, and policies of the University.
- Manages the game guarantee contract process, with assistance from relevant staff, on behalf of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Serves as liaison to Human Resources on all routine matters for departmental employees.
- Serves as the point of contact for all personnel transactions and works closely with Human Resources to submit appropriate information/paperwork to ensure timely approvals for all new hires.
- In conjunction with HR and Legal Affairs, collaborates with legal counsel on preparing and finalizing employment contracts for coaches and senior administration.
- In partnership with the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Business Operations, aids in the search, recruitment, hiring and onboarding of departmental personnel, in addition to managing the annual review process for all departmental staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Business Administration, Sports Administration, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
Two (2) years’ experience performing related office administration work (required).
Work experience obtained within collegiate athletics. Knowledge of relevant NCAA guidelines (preferred).
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status.