Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct student-athletes individually or in groups in techniques and fundamentals of the respective sport.
- Organize and execute effective team practices and coaching under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist head coach with player assessment, game strategy, and game film review.
- Identify, evaluate, and encourage the application and acceptance of student-athletes in accordance with University, NCAA, and SAA policies and regulations.
- Participate in speaking engagements for the Sewanee Club and support community initiatives.
- Instruct students in one or more physical education courses.
- Perform collateral departmental duties, as required, such as intramural coordination, event management, or coaching a secondary sport.
- 1-3 years of coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level or experience as an athlete competing at the collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of SAA and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license.