The Assistant Track and Cross Country Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Track Coach and Head Cross Country Coach in the management, administration, and athlete instruction for all phases of a Men’s and Women’s NCAA Division I Track and Cross Country program in a manner that aligns with the athletic department strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of successful collegiate coaching or professional playing experience.
- Proven experience working with and improving the performance of student athletes.
- Knowledge and adherence to compliance with University, Big South Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- A successful candidate will have collegiate track and field/cross country experience as an Assistant Coach and/or student-athlete, and a history of dedication to the academic and athletic development of student-athletes.
- Ability to oversee and coach the horizontal jumps, vertical jumps, multi-events, sprints, and hurdle events.