American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree.
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree.
- Required Field of Expertise: Track & Field.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Jumps, Throws, Pole Vault, and/or Multi Events; Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Required Training/Cert: Required to pass NCAA recruiting exam within 90 days of employment. Must maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use or must obtain certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) within one year of employment.
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver's license.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and ability to pass NCAA recruiting test within 90 days.
- Strong knowledge of Track & Field.
- Exceptional leadership and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to represent the philosophy and educational goals of American International College.
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as the schedule dictates.
The Assistant Track and Field Coach is a full-time exempt, benefits level position, not limited to 35 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evenings, weekends, and holidays required as the schedule dictates.