Army West Point Athletic Association is currently seeking an Assistant Coach for the Track and Field program who is responsible for supporting the Head Coach by coaching Cadet-Athletes, recruiting, monitoring Cadet-Athletes academic progress, scheduling, managing travel, and overseeing the discipline and conduct of the Cadet-Athletes. This position reports to the Head Track and Field Coach. All the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of USMA, AWPAA, Patriot League and the NCAA.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-3 years of collegiate coaching experience.
- Skill in operation of modern office machines, communication tools, equipment, computers, and relevant software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse settings, both on campus and in the community.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and written.
- Ability to commit to the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend commitments, as necessary.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Perform duties in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that may require medium lifting at times. Exposure to weather elements during outdoor events.