Virginia Military Institute a division 1 military structured state public school, member of the Southern Conference and located in the South West Virginia town of Lexington is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Track and Field Coach.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Demonstrated ability, experience and knowledge, to manage program with strict compliance to all Institute, Southern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- On and off campus effective recruiting while representing VMI men and women track and field/cross country program.
- Commitment to operating within human resource expectations of VMI.
- Work cooperatively with the sports medicine staff, strength and conditioning personnel and other departmental team members for the advancement of the programs.
- Support the VMI system and represent the Institute with integrity and professionalism.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics, as consistent with the position and qualifications.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.