The Department of Athletics at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for a part-time, assistant coach to oversee Men's and Women's Track and Field under the direction of the Head Track and Field Coach.
- Assist in directing, organizing, and administering all aspects of the IUP Track and Field program at the DII level.
- Assist in player recruitment by maintaining contact with high school coaches to identify potential prospects, recommending schools to be visited, developing a recruiting schedule and recommending students for recruitment and scholarships.
- Assist in monitoring and encouraging academic progress and success of student athletes to ensure continuing eligibility to participate in NCAA competition and to graduate
- Assist in ensuring compliance with rules and regulations of IUP, the PSAC, and the NCAA.
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling/managing track and field meets.
- Assist in coordinating and participating in fundraising activities in support of IUP’s athletic programs.
- Assist in facilitating and operating track and field camps/clinics.
- Bachelor's degree, and one year of coaching experience.
- One to three years of professional coaching, or professional playing experience.
- Experience and/or training regarding specific events (i.e. long distance, middle distance, sprints, hurdles, jumps and/or throws).