The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the responsibility for coaching and providing direction to student-athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses the players’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Assists in the development of an efficient practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Assists in coaching and instructing players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement. Creates a plan to improve weaknesses.
- Assists in determining the game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- ISBE teaching certificate or ASEP certification;
- IHSA concussion and PED test completed;
- CPR/AED Certified;
- Valid Driver’s License.