Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches participants in the assigned fundamentals and skills necessary for achievement in the sport involved.
- Assists in planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Assists in overseeing the safety conditions of the facilities or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains and reports accurate statistics, record, and results of the season as directed by the head coach.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees consequences for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Adheres to a highly efficient and technically sound program of injury prevention and follow up.
Education or Experience:
- High School diploma required with experience playing and coaching in applicable sport.
- BA degree with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory is preferred.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first aid, CPR and sports medicine is preferred.
The Linn-Mar Community School District shall provide equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies. In employing individuals, the District will consider the qualifications, credentials, and records of the applicants without regard to age, color creed, national origin, race, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical attributes, genetic information, physical or mental ability or disability, ancestry, political party preference, political belief, military status, socioeconomic status, pregnancy, or familial status.