Working with the Head Track and Field Coach, responsible for all facets of running a successful men's and women's track and field program competing at the NCAA Division II level and as a member of Conference Carolinas. Responsibilities include coaching several event groups within the track and field programs, coordinating recruiting student-athletes across all events as well as retaining them.
- Sport administrative duties including recruiting coordination, meet management, eligibility monitoring, alumni relations, equipment orders, and other sport administrative responsibilities.
- Develop and implement training plans for several track and field event groups.
- Coach student-athletes in competition and make coaching decisions in training and at meets.
- With the rest of the coaching staff develop team culture.
- Advise student-athletes and connect them with appropriate resources as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating a recruiting effort that requires contact with hundreds of prospects annually and with a goal of matriculating at least 15 new student-athletes each year.
- Responsible for coaching event specific athletes first hand and assisting with area groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Recruiting, management, sales and extensive knowledge of higher education.
- Excellent written and oral communication, well-developed presentation skills, and outstanding customer and quality service skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications and social media marketing platforms.
- Ability to build relationships with students and determine the correct program fit for the students’ educational, career and personal goals.