Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assists with assessesment of player’s skills and assigning team positions.
- Assists with developing a regular practice schedule and organizing practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice and reports to Head Coach the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Assists with determining game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student athlete behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior coaching experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.