St. Anthony Catholic High School (SACHS) is seeking an an experienced part-time Assistant Track and Field Coach. Position is expected to coach with the mission of St. Anthony Catholic High School and our Core Values of Honesty & Integrity; Community; Service & Social Justice; Scholarship; Holistic Education. This position reports to SACHS Athletic Director.
- Assists the head coach with instructing students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses student skills, monitors students during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
- Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.