Essential Job Functions:
- Follows and upholds the policies and mission of theHood River Middle School Athletic Program and Hood River County School District.
- Knowledgeable of all Columbia River Conference and OSAA procedures and guidelines.
- Asssits with planning, organizing, and directing theHood River Middle School Track program, in coordination with the head track coach.
- Provides information regarding rules for the seasons (daily doubles, all sports schedule, camp schedules, clinic schedules, etc).
- Brings new ideas of instruction, athlete accountability and means of creating positive energy.
- Instructs and demonstrates skills sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Works to improve skills and knowledge of each athlete and the team as a whole.
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from track meets.
- Knowledge and experience in the sport.
- Ability to collaborate with youth programs, students, parents, the community, staff, and other district coaches.
- Ability to coach in collaboration with the other coaching staff.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, working well with others from diverse backgrounds; focuses on solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening to others, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to other ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to be a positive role model, both on and off the field.
- Willingness to coach after school, travel, and supervise students.