Under the direction of the Director, Athletics and Recreation, the Assistant Track and Field Coach monitors the academic and athletic performance of student-athletes to ensure success and compliance with NJCAA and College policies and procedures.
- Recruits and maintains the appropriate number of student-athletes to be able to compete at the highest level within NJCAA and Region XIX.
- Promotes the Track and Field program and Middlesex College in the community and high schools, including the recruitment of student athletes for the College Track and Field team.
- Schedules, conducts, and supervises team practice sessions, and assists with the program scheduling.
- Provides individual and team instruction, skill development and techniques, conditioning and preparation and learning opportunities for Track and Field team and members.
- Monitors team members' academic progress and performance and makes referral to appropriate College office and services to enhance student's academic success.
- Assists with athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical examinations for practice and team eligibility.
- Provides media information for the promotion, publicity, and recognition of the Track and Field team, including interviews, player profiles, team statistics, and publications.
- Associate degree.
- High School or Collegiate playing experience in sport.
- CPR/AED or First Aid Certification (able to obtain upon hire).
- Valid Driver's License.