ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and lead training sessions.
- Implement workouts and strength and conditioning program as directed by head coach.
- Recruiting qualified student-athletes.
- Competition and practice preparation.
- Accept constructive criticism and show evidence of professional growth.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics for coaches (Calvin, MIAA, NCAA).
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with other coaches and student-athletes through a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, show respect for the competencies of others, and demonstrate appropriate resolution behavior.
- Contribute to the moral and spiritual growth of the student-athletes in keeping with the mission of Calvin University.
- RECRUITING – Work collaboratively with the head coach to recruit new student-athletes that can achieve success academically and athletically at Calvin. Abides by all recruiting rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA.
- LEADERSHIP – Communicate skillfully with colleagues and student-athletes. Maintains self-control and sets an example for sportsmanlike conduct in relationships with your team, officials, administration and opponents in victory or defeat. Provide clear direction of responsibility and authority. Attend and contribute to athletic department meetings and functions.
- NCAA RULES/COMPLIANCE – Adhere to MIAA Conference and NCAA rules. Attend all internal compliance meetings, follow departmental policies, and complete paperwork and reports on time.
Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, physical limitations, class, or religious perspectives.