- Work directly with student-athletes to develop skills in all of the throws event areas through practices and competitions.
- Create a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment within the team.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes to compete at the top level of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, including identifying prospects and following them through to enrollment at the University.
- Plan and organize practice and competition schedules.
- Work with the head coach to set schedules that work within facility constraints and class schedule.
- Completion of some college coursework.
- Proven knowledge of technical skills related to throws event areas.
- Experience coaching in collegiate, high school, or club setting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years coaching throws event areas at the college, high school, or club level.
- Experience in a collegiate setting as a coach or athlete.
- Experience in recruiting to a collegiate athletics program.