- Certified as a teacher by the West Virginia Board of Education or holds coaching authorization granted by the State Superintendent of Schools.
- Exhibit knowledge of the assigned sport, as well as of the duties and responsibilities of a head coach and the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as demonstrated in the personal interview.
- Specialized training in the area of assigned sport.
- Good evaluations and/or recommendations from professional associates, employers, and/or supervisors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, school personnel and parents.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage the athletic program.
- Foster a climate conducive to learning and good sportsmanship.
- Establish and maintain proper record keeping systems.
- Promote and maintain positive student/coach/ administrator/parent/community
- Provide good leadership in the academic and extra-curricular programs.
- Practice positive public relations.
- Maintain professional work habits.
- Continually upgrade skills as a coach.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the athletic director or principal.