- Carry out the program planned by the head coach.
- Perform delegated duties set forth by the head coach.
- Incorporates and promotes a positive environment that promotes self-esteem, high values, and life-long learning in participants.
- Maintains past proactive plans and other applicable documents on file.
- Monitors pre- and post-practices, games, and all trips.
- Ensures the safety of the practice and game field and facilities.
- Enforces rules and safety procedures of the program.
- Adheres to guidelines set in the Activities Handbook and District policies.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, parents, media and public.
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Skill in the use of technology to enhance instruction and communication.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Skill, dedication, and aptitude for working with students.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain first aid and CPR certification upon employment.
- Ability to meet, communicate and monitor for a high standard of safety regulations.
- Ability to properly apply first aid and emergency care procedures.
- Ability to complete the high school Mentor program.
- First Aid/AED/CPR Certified.
- Member of the Montana Coaches Association.
- Experience working with a successful high school level program.