ESSENTIAL TEACHING FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in curriculum review and design.
- Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
- Diagnose and evaluate student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Effectively implement district initiatives.
ESSENTIAL COACHING FUNCTIONS:
- Display loyalty to the principal, athletic director and the Athletic Department.
- Supervise athletes and team assigned to him/ her.
- Help plan and supervise any special needs/events (awards night, parent meeting, community service, etc.).
- Make suggestions and recommendations that will help the program.
- Teach and model good sportsmanship towards opponents, officials and parents.
- Support and collaborate with staff in other athletic and academic programs to encourage students to participate in a variety of activities.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Abide by state statutes, school board policies and regulations.
2. Attend meetings and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
3. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.