The Athletic Department at West Liberty University is in search of an Assistant Track Coach. The coach will assist the Head Coach in running all aspects of a NCAA Division II Track and Field program with an emphasis on Sprint, Hurdle and Jump events (i.e. 110HH, 100mh, 400H, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, 100m and 200m). Previous collegiate coaching experience desired.
- Plan and participate in hosting of track and cross country meets, camps, and clinics.
- Participate in fundraising and public relations activities.
- Assist Head Coach in coordinating practice logistics, assisting with team travel to meets and offsite practice.
- Assist with recruiting, scouting, campus visits, etc.
- Design and implement strength and conditioning program for team.
- Assist in the counseling of student athletes in academic and personal matters.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Non-essential duties may be assigned as needed.
- Willingness to put in effort to build successful track and field/cross country program.
- Collegiate track & field experience and ability to transfer the knowledge and skills gained to student athletes.
- Knowledge of conference, MEC, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of consistency modeling positive behaviors at all times.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills as well as ability to plan, organize and control projects through to completion.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Valid, unrestricted US driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree and Minimum 2 years of track and field coaching experience in Sprints/Jumps
- Valid CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
West Liberty University (http://www.westliberty.edu) is a small, comprehensive institution under the auspices of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission.
West Liberty University is a four-year public university and West Virginia's oldest institution under higher education. Situated on a picturesque hilltop, just 10 miles from Wheeling, WLU is a small market metro with a rich heritage. Living costs are low, cultural opportunities and many and public parks and schools make it a great place to live, work and raise a family. WLU features a main campus and a nearby satellite campus, located at the Highlands Shopping Complex. Both locations are minutes from Pennsylvania and Ohio borders, offering easy access to major airports, shopping, dining and entertainment.
West Liberty University does not sponsor work visas.
West Liberty University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. Individuals who need assistance in the application process may contact Shawn Mousourakis, HR Generalist / Recruiter at 304-336-8029 or firstname.lastname@example.org (do not apply to this email).
SUCCESSFULLY PASSING A BACKGROUND SCREENING REPORT IS
REQUIRED FOR FINAL EMPLOYMENT
WEST LIBERTY UNIVERSITY IS A TOBACCO-FREE CAMPUS