- Work with the athletic director on the timely employment of assistant coaches and volunteers;
- Ensure staff attends the mandatory in-services and have certifications prior to first day;
- Prior to student participation in any supervised activities, ensure all students are properly cleared to participate;
- Assure team and athletic department policies and procedures are followed by all coaching staff;
- Conduct a meeting for all parents outlining expectations of athletes for the season;
- Conduct a pre-season athlete meeting regarding all team rules, department policies and procedures;
- Inspects facilities for cleanliness and safety.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Arizona Teaching Certificate or NFHS Level 1 Coaching Certification;
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching and NFHS Concussion Awareness Certificate;
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR Training Certification.
The Wickenburg Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Wickenburg Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.