To motivate and develop in each participant skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character. To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect. Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
- Idaho Teaching Certification or National Federation of State High School Associations Fundamentals of Coaching Certification.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, St. Luke’s Concussion, Mental Health in the Student Athlete.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sport, sports training, conditioning, injury prevention, kinesiology, management, and the rules of the Idaho High School Activities Association Handbook.
- Related experience as determined by the Board.
- Ability to foster and sustain students' interest in the activity and promote skill development.
- Possess good organizational skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practices, meetings, fundraisers and in-school events, and help supervise students during related trips and other out-of-school functions (including supervision on the bus).
- Actively promote the athletic program and seek student participation.
- Model positive behavior and maintain a supportive environment and remain professional, even when tension is high.
- Maintain high standards of conduct for student athletes, including respect and fair play
- Maintain confidentiality of staff and students.
- Help organize practice schedules and game rosters.
- Assist the head coach in selecting team members, assigning positions to players.
- Supervise assigned teams, players and managers. Oversee assigned areas including positions and/or coordinator duties to aid in developing strategies and styles of play.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport involved.