- Must be at least 21 years of age to be a head coach or coach at the high school.
- A valid Florida DOE state certificate.
- Experience as a high school or college participant in the sport being coach preferred.
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Must possess valid CPR and First Aid cards prior to the start of season.
- Must meet driving requirements including possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License and clear DMV report as determined by the WCSB Transportation Coordinator.
- Develop and understand team play and specific tactical concepts applied to a game plan.
- Provide for the health, safety and well-being of team members.
- Exhibit evidence of the following: excellent sportsmanship, poise and self-control, sense of fairness and judgment, healthy role-modeling, leadership skills, ability to discipline, exceptional motivational skills, and excellent communication skills
- A substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, has a willingness to continually examine new procedures and theories pertinent to the sport.
- Adhere to the start and end dates/times of assigned sport.
- Understand team-related issues, i.e. player management, match analysis, etc.