- Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Middle Distance Coach will support the Head Cross Country and Track and Field Coach with general coaching duties as well as mentorships for the student athletes.
- They will work closely with the athletes and the coaching staff to execute the training plans daily.
- Reports to the Director of Athletics and the Head Track and Field Coach.
- Assist with setting up equipment for practices.
- Coach Middle Distance(800m, 1500m, Cross Country) and High Jump (800m, 1500m).
- Travel with the team to track meets and to community service engagements.
- Supervise athletes during track practices and when we leave campus for track meets.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and USATF Level 1 Certification.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with young adults in an impartial and fair manner.
- Must demonstrate the ability to coach and teach your events.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be present at meets and practices.
- Must be able to create practice plans for athletes under your supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.