This position will be responsible for assisting the head track and field coach with all aspects of practice, preparation, coaching, and competition planning with regards to the pole vault group. The position may also include some assistance with the recruitment efforts for the track and field program, primarily maintaining contact with recruits throughout the recruitment process via email, phone, and video calls. This position may also include other duties as assigned by the athletic department.
- Motivate student-athletes to both athletic and academic success.
- Assist head coach with planning/conducting training sessions.
- Work specifically with the pole vault group.
- Set up practices.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate, motivate, and partner across all campus constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and efficiently manage their workload.
- The ability to communicate effectively utilizing various modes of communication.
- Ability to effectively coach DIII track & field student athletes – specifically pole vaulters.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of and/or experience in a residential, liberal arts college environment.