The part-time Assistant Track Coach is a six-month position and is responsible for assisting head coach with recruiting and teaching a team of student-athletes the skills of their sport, teambuilding skills and mentoring the athletes in academic and personal character development and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the head coach.
- Serves as a representative of the University displaying courtesy, tact consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the HCU community and with the public within a Christian university environment.
- Assist head coach in planning and executing practice sessions.
- Work with student-athletes in developing skills of track.
- Helps to formulate workout sessions.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts which involves evaluating current and potential talent at high schools and junior colleges locally, within the state, and nationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One to two years prior coaching experience at the high school level, club level, or higher.
- College coaching experience preferred.