This position will report to the Director of Track & Field and Cross Country. This position is designed as an educational experience from August 1 to May 31 and is designed to give an individual with an interest in coaching the opportunity to hone his skill development and coaching ability in one or more position areas.
- Learn the process for recruiting successful student athletes.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of Track & Field and Cross Country players for Millikin University.
- Gain an understanding for the role of the student athlete in a DIII Athletic Program.
- Develop skills to compete for a full time assistant coaching position or graduate assistantship.
- Serve as a position coach.
- Develop ability to break down film in conjunction with other Track & Field/Cross Country staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Collegiate playing experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.