The Assistant Track & Field Coach is responsible for the coordination and general supervision of a recognized community college sport within the athletic program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform normal functions associated with a varsity intercollegiate program.
2. Recruit students for designated sport.
3. Work with the Head Coach in determining scholarship opportunities for potential athletes.
4. Conduct regular practice sessions in said sport.
5. Be knowledgeable of and adhere to the rules and regulations of the NJCAA regarding athletics.
6. Be knowledgeable of the rules and regulations governing fair play and sportsmanship for all athletic sports.
7. Assist the Head Coach in determining the event schedule for the designated sport.
8. Obtain proper driving credentials to transport student-athletes in school owned vehicles.
9. Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Director.
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.