- Assists the Head Coach in preparing the track and field team to compete for Big South and NCAA Division I championships.
- Assists in the daily preparation and coordination of team practices.
- Assists with operations, including team travel, recruiting, equipment, scheduling and budget.
- Works closely with athletic trainers, academic and student services, and athletic performance staff to monitor the overall progress of student-athletes.
- Assists in recruiting highly skilled student-athletes, including identification through video and travel.
- Helps plan and participates in fundraising opportunities, alumni events and community service activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching experience at the collegiate, high school or club level required.
- Expert knowledge of track and field and coaching techniques.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and Big South Conference rules and regulations and the ability to apply them.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach sport-specific skills.
- Ability to maintain high ethical and moral standards, cultivate an encouraging and inclusive environment, and inspire and motivate student athletes academically, athletically and professionally.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as needed.