The coaching assistant, who will have the working title of Assistant Track & Field Coach, will assist the head coach with the day-to-day operations of our successful NCAA Division II Track & Field teams. This includes, but is not limited to, recruiting, preparation for practice and competition scheduling, team travel organization, assisting the head coach with the athletic scholarships process, compliance with all NCAA rules, and student-athlete welfare.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Competitive experience as a collegiate student-athlete or collegiate coaching experience in sprints and jumps, jumps, and/or multis in the sport of Track & Field.
- No NCAA major violations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain/obtain a California Driver’s License and campus defensive driving certification.
- Ability to maintain/obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
- Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
- 1 year of collegiate Track & Field coaching experience in sprints and jumps, jumps, and/or multis.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to diversity and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups that relates to coaching responsibilities.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community.