This full-time, live-in position carries responsibility for administering a comprehensive Residence Life program in a hall of approximately 100-130 male residents as well as coaching and recruiting students for the Track and Field program. The position is a 10-month appointment with benefits. Division of work responsibilities will be approximately 60% student affairs and 40% coaching. This position requires working some nights and weekends.
- Promote an atmosphere conducive to the academic pursuits and personal development of students.
- Supervise Resident Assistants in coordinating hall programming that meets educational objectives.
- Assessment and recruitment of prospective student athletes.
- Assistance in the development of the annual training program for throws athletes.
- Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Direct and independent coaching and skills development of student athletes during practice and competition.
- Promote and enforce a safe environment within the residence hall.
- Enforce Southwestern College policies and regulations, as well as advise, discipline, and counsel individual students, making referrals when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Leadership, supervision, and interpersonal skills relating to people in general, particularly young adults.
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior residence life and residence life leadership experience, and to those applicants who possess a working knowledge of student development.
- Ability and willingness to drive for team and recruitment events.