The Assistant Track & Field Coach is responsible for the coordination and general supervision of a recognized community college sport within the athletic program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform normal functions associated with a varsity intercollegiate program.
- Recruit students for designated sport.
- Work with the Head Coach in determining scholarship opportunities for potential athletes.
- Conduct regular practice sessions in said sport.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to the rules and regulations of the NJCAA regarding athletics.
- Be knowledgeable of the rules and regulations governing fair play and sportsmanship for all athletic sports.
- Assist the Head Coach in determining the event schedule for the designated sport.
- Obtain proper driving credentials to transport student-athletes in school owned vehicles.
- General knowledge of track & field, extensive participation and/or coaching.
- Experience working with one or a combination of: Sprints, hurdles, and/or field events.
- Bachelor’s degree.