The coaching assistant, who will have the working title of Assistant Cross Country/Track & Field Coach, will assist the head coach with the day-to-day operations of our successful NCAA Division II Cross Country and Track & Field teams. This includes, but is not limited to, recruiting, preparation for practice and competition scheduling, team travel organization, assisting the head coach with the athletic scholarships process, compliance with all NCAA rules, and student-athlete welfare.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of track & field coaching experience or one year of competitive experience as a collegiate student-athlete in track & field.
- No NCAA major violations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain/obtain a California Driver’s License and campus defensive driving certification.
- Ability to maintain/obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
- Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.