Responsible for assisting head coach with recruiting and teaching a team of student-athletes the skills of their sport, teambuilding skills and mentoring the athletes in academic and personal character development and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the head coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist head coach in planning and executing practice sessions.
- Work with student-athletes in developing skills of track.
- Assesses competitor performance.
- Helps to formulate workout sessions.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts which involves evaluating current and potential talent at high schools and junior colleges locally, within the state, and nationally.
- Operates within the rules as required by the conference and the NCAA.
- Assists with the scheduling of opponents.
- Arranges for equipment, uniforms and supplies to be available for team.
- Plan and execute team travel with authority to commit expenditures up to departmental budget, subject to University purchasing guidelines.
- Able to generate enthusiasm and pride among players.
- Ability to provide clear direction, delegate responsibility, motivate others, develop others’ skills and talents and attract and recruit talent.
- Shows consideration for others, listens effectively, cooperates well with others, establishes and maintains relationships, is adaptive, remains calm under stress and is persevering.
- Demonstrates good judgment, seeks all necessary information for problem solving, and sets clear objectives and priorities.
- Is self-reliant, decisive, proactive, influential, and enthusiastic and makes a positive impression on others.