The Assistant Coach will assist the Director of Men’s and Women’s Track & Field in all phases of a Division 1 program. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes; overall program administration; alumni, community and media relations, practice and meet coaching and compliance with the University, NCAA and Horizon League rules and regulations. Heavily involved with all home meet operations. Assist with program fundraising, community service, and academic support for student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Collegiate coaching experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with NCAA, League and University rules, regulations, ordinances, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to the University by the University’s insurance carrier.
- Track and Field coaching education certifications.
- Recruiting Experience.