Eastern Oregon University (EOU) is currently accepting applications for a highly motivated and enthusiastic P/T Assistant Track & Field Coach who enjoys working with and developing students athletes. Position will report to the Head Men’s & Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country Coach.
- Support the physical, emotional, social, and mental development of student-athletes through a robust system of care and support that produces quality student-athlete experiences.
- Support high standards for academic excellence, assisting in academic oversight.
- A competent pursuit of athletic excellence shown by competing for Cascade Conference titles and participating in NAIA postseason play by advancing to the national championships.
- Embrace the responsibility for equitable treatment and promotion of diversity, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Encourage department innovation for enhanced success, and cultivate a mindset for growth, professional development, work-life integration, and department financial vitality.
- Promote community engagement and student-athlete character development through respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
- Strictly adhere to the highest level of fiscal control and full compliance with all governing associations with transparency and integrity.
- First Aid/CPR Certified, Current and valid Driver’s License
- One (1) years of demonstrated successful coaching at the collegiate or high school level as an assistant or head coach.
- Two (2) years of experience with sprints, jumps (long, high, and triple jumps), and multi’s as coach or athlete.
- Must satisfactorily complete EOU criminal and credential background check. Having a criminal history is not an automatic bar to employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Eastern Oregon University will not sponsor applicants for employment visas.