The Vincennes University Athletic Department is searching for an individual to serve as a Part- time Assistant Coach for the Track & Field Program to be in charge of the throws (shot put, discus, and hammer).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of coaching, program, team management, planning and executing training, practices, and meets.
- Participate in professional electronic, phone and interpersonal communication to individual players, administrators, and recruits.
- Assist with planning, procuring, and maintaining the necessary equipment to conduct a successful throw program.
- Participate in professional development.
- Must be able to coach the Throwing disciplines (shot put, hammer, weight throw, disc, javelin).
- Have knowledge of successful strength & conditioning program relevant to events.
- Must be able and willing to aid in all levels of prospective student-athlete recruitment, with a primary focus on Throwing events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Coaching experience or participation as a collegiate student athlete.