Assistant Track & Field Coach with a primary focus on throwing events. As an integral part of our team, you will work closely with the Head Coach to develop and implement training programs, provide guidance, and support to athletes, and assist in organizing and overseeing team activities. Successful candidates will have experience competing in and/or coaching all collegiate throwing events.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assistant with recruitment and selection of student athletes year-round, meeting required roster numbers. Plan and attend recruiting events on campus (admissions, athletics, etc.).
- Assist in planning and execution team of in season and off-season practices.
- Work alongside head women’s basketball coach and student athletes to monitor academic performance and eligibility.
- Adhere to all Yankee Small College Conference and United States Collegiate Athletic Association guidelines
- Assist in execution of both in and off-season training program with guidance from the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- Work in compliance with the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician regarding student athlete’s care.
- Assist in development and execution of community service and fundraising efforts for program.
- Conduct and direct camps and clinics for area youth.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous Collegiate, club, or high school coaching experience required.
- Appropriate Coaching certifications.