Under the direction of the Head Men’s & Women’s Cross Country & Track & Field Coach, this position is responsible for the implementation of a competitive sprints team within cross-country/track & field program. This role will be responsible for coaching, recruiting, training, supervising, and retention of student-athletes specific to the sprints competition. Will report directly to the Head Men’s & Women’s Cross Country & Track & Field Coach.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Recruit student-athletes according to NAIA, and Admissions procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of all team practices, contests, and off-season programs.
- Prepares game schedules, practices, travel plans, and training sessions.
- Ensure all student-athletes succeed academically, athletically, and professionally.
- Participate in community activities to promote the student-athletes, team, and department.
- Maintain scholarship requirements based on SMWC and NAIA upper limits.
- Adhere to rules set forth by the Athletic Code of Conduct, for NAIA.
- Develop and implement fundraising activities and strategies to enhance and grow revenue for the program and the athletic department.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned by the AVP for Athletics.
- Recruit and develop sprint athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- College sprint experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to oversee the conditioning of all sprint athletes.
- Extensive knowledge of all rules and requirements for sprints.
- Working knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suites.