Bridgewater College, a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Track & Field Coach, to begin July 5. This is a full-time, 10 month position, reporting to the Director of Cross Country and Track & Field.
- Assist with the men’s and women’s cross country and indoor and outdoor track and field programs.
- Planning, organizing and administering practices for all throwing events.
- Attending and coaching at all scheduled competitions.
- Management of all throwing equipment and implements for practices and competition.
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes who fit the mission and culture of the program and the College
- Assisting with planning and hosting home competitions for cross country and track and field.
- Assisting with fundraising initiatives and alumni engagement.
- Assisting with team and department community service initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of successful collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- USTFCCCA Track & Field Technical Certification or USATF Level 1 Certification and/or USTFCCCA Throwing Event Specialist or USATF Level 2 – Throws preferred.
- Competitive collegiate playing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated recruiting experience.
- Demonstrated meet management experience.
Bridgewater College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, or other college programs and activities, or with regard to employment.