Assistant Track & Field Coach - Throws
Texas A&M University - Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience ” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Assistant Track & Field Coach - Throws is responsible for assisting with the management, coaching and oversight of all phases of the program. Contributes to the effective management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures adherence to all rules and regulations of Texas A&M University-Commerce, the Lone Star Conference and the NCAA.
- Completes data entry related tasks, creates and maintains files and creates and provides statistical analysis.
- Assists with player development, training, study table, etc.
- Assists with student-athlete admission/retention concerns.
- Responsible for equipment inventory and requisition.
- Coordinates housing needs of intersessions and pre-game meals with campus cafeteria.
- Assists visiting teams with practices times and other necessary arrangements.
- Assists with camp organization and clinic administration.
- Assists with recruiting organization and activities. Responsible for recruiting and public relations with high school and community college transfer athletes upon taking and passing the NCAA Recruiting Test.
- Participates in practice and training sessions. Assists with organization of conditioning programs in conjunction with the Director of Strength and Conditioning.
- Drive university or rental vehicle for team travel or recruiting.
- Participates in University and public speaking appearances and gatherings. Assists with all athletic events as determined by Athletic Administration and Head Cross Country, Track & Field Coach.
- Organizes, participates and supervises team activities.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Five years of cross country, track and field experience. Prior experience coaching shot put, discus, hammer and javelin. Prior meet preparation experience. Prior experience with date entry related tasks and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge / Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of cross country, track and field terminology and skill level. Must be self-motivated and team-oriented. Excellent interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to accumulate, organize, decipher and interpret recruiting notes. Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid Driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree. USAF level 1 certification. Five years of NCAA track and field experience. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.