The Assistant Track & Field Coach assists the Head Track & Field Coach in all aspects of the Track & Field program, including (but not limited to) direct a competitive NCAA Division II program in accordance with the University, Conference, and NCAA rules and procedures; recruitment and development of student-athletes, as well as a commitment to student-athletes personal and academic welfare; commitment to gender and ethnic diversity and willingness to learn about media relations activities.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs coaching and recruiting of Hammer, Weight throw, Shot Put, Discus, and Javelin athletes.
- Complies with NCAA and conference rules and regulations, and department plans.
- Maintains effective working relationship with department support staff and other university personnel.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in maintaining budget and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in monitoring student-athletes academic programs, retention, and graduation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in management, business, education, kinesiology, coaching or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with members of the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to provide support for student development with a demonstrable concern for students.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.